Sunday, October 17, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I ended up with a bunch of free time two weeks ago due to an unfortunate encounter with wasps on my way home from school. Since I was sitting around with nothing to do, and I couldn’t do write very well with a swollen hand, I ended up taking the time to do some much needed cleaning and organizing around the house and in my room. Here are some pictures of our house in New Amsterdam:


The Kitchen





Living Room/ Dining Room
Note the fan. This thing (affectionately known as the jash cool, its “brand name”) is my lifeline here. I have a hard time sleeping or sitting inside our house during the day without it now.

My Bedroom




The Front Porch/ Laundry Area

The black thing on the side is our water reservoir tank. We used to worry it would be empty before we could refill it. Now we run to turn it off so that we don’t have a waterfall and a flooded porch.



The view from our front porch. The Internet cafĂ©/ snackette is the white building across the street. The guard shack and pavilion sitting area are to the right. Our front yard doubles as the plot for the agricultural students, but they haven’t planted anything yet…so the goats and cows take care of our lawn maintenance sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. the mosquito net on your bed looks incredibly complicated for some reason...as if it's the most technologically advanced thing in your room. minus the fan -- hallelujah for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooh! thanks for the pics!!! love the color on the walls! Also, I hope your hand feels better :(

    ReplyDelete